The gently sloping lands are located at the foot of Cottonwood Cliffs. The high desert and open woodland vegetation includes grasses, holly and other bushes, cacti, scrub oak, juniper and piñon pine. Soils are sandy silts, and subsoils are silty sand with some gravel. Elevation is about 4,200 feet.
The climate is mild. Average maximum temperature is 95 degrees (July afternoons), and average minimum temperature is 30 degrees (January nights). Average total precipitation is 13 inches per year, and average snowfall is 2 inches per year. Almost half of the precipitation falls in December through March.
- Hotel Brunswick, Kingman
- Historic Route 66
- Jim Hinckley, Route 66 Chronicles
- Hualapai Mountain Park (rising to a majestic 8,400 feet elevation) Grand Canyon National Park (2 hours)
- Las Vegas (2 hours)
- Laughlin (less than a hour)
- General Store at Route 66
- Horseback Riding
- Water sports (Lake Mead, Lake Mohave, Lake Havasu and the Colorado River)
- Snow skiing (2½ hours to Flagstaff)